How Do I File a Lawsuit in Atlanta for Pedestrian Truck Accidents?
As we all know, cars are larger and heavier than pedestrians. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), there were 4,743 pedestrians killed in traffic truck accidents in the United States in 2013 alone. But what if you are the one who was hit by a truck while walking on the sidewalk or crossing the street? Do you know what to do next?
What is a Pedestrian Truck Accident?
There are many different types of pedestrian accidents, but some of the most common include being hit by a truck while walking on the sidewalk, crossing the street, or even just walking near a road. Other less common pedestrian accidents can occur when a pedestrian is hit by a car, bicyclist, motorcyclist, or another vehicle. No matter how your pedestrian accident occurred, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. In some cases, it is due to driver error, such as distracted driving, speeding, or driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol. In other cases, it may be due to poor road conditions, such as a lack of sidewalks or crosswalks, or insufficient lighting. We will be discussing pedestrian truck accidents, how they happen, and how you can file a lawsuit if you or a loved one are injured in one.
The Mabra Law Firm is here to protect your rights as an injured pedestrian. We have successfully represented many pedestrians who have been hit by cars, trucks, and other vehicles. You can check them at https://mabrafirm.com/truck-accident-lawyer for more information.
Pedestrian truck accidents are, unfortunately, all too common. In 2017, there were 5,977 pedestrian fatalities in the United States alone. A pedestrian accident is a collision between a vehicle and a pedestrian, in which the pedestrian often result in serious injuries or even death. If you or someone you know has been involved in a pedestrian accident, you may be wondering how to file a lawsuit.
There are a few things to keep in mind when it comes to filing a pedestrian accident lawsuit.
How to File a Pedestrian Accident Lawsuit
- First, it is important to know that these types of cases can be complicated. This is because there may be multiple parties involved, such as the driver of the vehicle, the owner of the vehicle, and even the municipality where the accident took place.
- Second, it is important to act quickly after the accident occurs. This is because there are statutes of limitations in place that dictate how long you have to file a lawsuit. In most states, this time period is two years from the date of the accident.
- Third, it is important to gather as much evidence as possible. This may include things like photos of the scene of the accident, eyewitness statements, and even video footage. The more evidence you have, the better your chances will be of success in your case.
- Fourth, it is important to speak with an experienced pedestrian accident attorney. An attorney can help you navigate the complicated legal process and ensure that you are fairly compensated for your injuries.
If you or someone you love has been involved in a pedestrian accident, contact an experienced personal injury attorney today to discuss your case. In order to file a successful pedestrian accident lawsuit, there are several things that must be taken into consideration.
Things to Consider When Filing a Successful Pedestrian Accident Lawsuit
- The first thing you need to do is establish who was at fault for the accident. It is important to identify who was at fault for the accident. This can be difficult to do, as there are many different ways that an accident can occur. However, if you can prove that the driver of the vehicle was at fault, then you will have a strong case. The next thing you need to do is establish the extent of your injuries. This is important because you will need to prove that your injuries were caused by the accident. In order to do this, you will need to have medical records that detail your injuries.
- Second, once you have established who was at fault, you need to gather evidence to support your claim. This may include witnesses, photographs, and medical records. You will also need to prove that the injuries you suffered were severe enough to warrant a lawsuit. If the pedestrian accident was not your fault, you may still be able to file a lawsuit if the driver of the vehicle was negligent. And finally, you will need to file your lawsuit within the statute of limitations. This is usually two years from the date of the accident.
- Lastly, it is crucial that you speak with an experienced personal injury attorney before taking any legal action. This is because the legal process can be complicated, and you will want to ensure that you have the best chance of success. An experienced attorney will also be able to negotiate with the insurance companies on your behalf. Also, if your case goes to trial, an experienced attorney will be able to represent you in court. So that you can focus on your recovery.
If you or a loved one have been injured in a pedestrian accident, you may be wondering what your legal options are. You may be able to file a personal injury lawsuit against the driver, the owner of the vehicle, or the entity responsible for maintaining the road. If the accident was caused by a defective product, such as a car part, you may also be able to file a product liability lawsuit. Also, if the driver was under the influence of drugs or alcohol, you may be able to file a wrongful death lawsuit. If you or someone you know has been involved in a pedestrian accident, contact an experienced personal injury attorney today to discuss your case.
If you are unsure of whether or not you have a case, you should speak with an experienced personal injury attorney. They will be able to review the facts of your case and help you determine if you have a strong case. If you do have a strong case, they will work with you to get the compensation you deserve.
Personal Injury Attorney in Atlanta
The Mabra Law Firm has truck accident lawyers in Atlanta that represent pedestrian accident victims and their families. If you or someone you love has been injured in a pedestrian accident, contact The Mabra Firm today to discuss your case.
They are experienced in handling all types of pedestrian accident cases, and we will fight to get you the compensation you deserve. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.